Saturday, January 8, 2011

Help!

OK, I admit it, I have a problem! There I said it. Although I've never been medically diagnosed,  I'm sure I have a mild case of OCD. OUCH! I am obsessed with digital images, I have literally thousands of them on three different computers, two flash drives and dozens of folders. -Hmmm, much like papers, ribbons and embellishments. - Now, while I have always considered myself to be very well organized this is a mess!  I pretty much have them filed by occasions, holidays, etc. but I never know the artist or where they come from making it impossible to give credit to the artist. Please help, my goal for 2011 is to resolve this problem. How do you organize your digital images? 
I would love to give credit to the artist for this adorable little image so if you recognize it please let me know. 

I made this birthday card for my future brother-in-law using papers from the Basic Grey "Mellow" collection, -I luv me some BG papers- ribbon and a bit of "wonky" machine stitching.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
Challenge #35 Dots and Spots - Basic Grey Challenges
Challenge #48 Anything Goes - Kaboodle Doodles Challenge





Thanks for visiting my blog, have a Happy Scrappy Day!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Sorry I can't help you out with the image, but it sure is a cute one! Love the layout!

Juanita said...

I store my Digi's on the computer in folders. The main folder holds all my Digi's, there are folders within the main folder for each company. I admit I have some that I don't know who makes them but now as soon as I get them I put them in their folder so I don't forget.

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Fantastic card, just love the papers and the image you have used. Great layout too.

Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges this week and good luck !

Hugs,

Jo xxxx

Tereza Crump aka MyTreasuredCreations said...

I, too, love digital... I file mine into a digital folder then into 2 folders: digital papers and collage sheets. In the digital paper folder I open a folder for each manufactures...for example one for WEbster's Pages and then inside it a folder for each collection.

Now on the collage sheets folder I have a folder for holidays where I put all sheets for Valentines, christmas, thanksgiving each inside their own folder. Also inside the collage sheets folder, I open a folder for each one of my favorites sources and file there their downloads.

When I have a theme that I use often, for example, Paris then I have a folder for these digital elements there.

I have been using more Quick Pages or ready digital pages so I will be opening a folder to store all those files in one folder, that way I can find them easily.

I find that with digital files I need to review them often and re-organize as needed.

BTW, your cards are gorgeous!! thanks for the inspiration. :)

TaraG said...

He he he...is he ever cute! I love the Mellow papers you used great for our Spots and Dots challenge! I love the wonky stitching too,smile!
Thanks so much for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges and best of luck in the DT call!
Hugs,t

Giò said...

What stunning card!!!! Such a lovely image and WOW ..... I love Mellow collection. Thanks a lot for joining us at Basic Grey challenge this week and good luck in the DT call.
Hugs, Giò